Friday, June 4, 2010

Launching Balanced Legal

The past few months have been really hectic. I probably say that everytime I write, but this time it really is true! I launced my business, Balanced Legal Solutions, on April 26th after my year long non-compete ended with my old company. Since then, it has been non-stop. I am not complaining though. I love being busy. I decided to open up my own legal placement firm after four years of working for someone else. Being a small business owner is great! It has its challenges too (like keeping up with the accounting/expenses etc.) but luckily I have my future CFO, Rich Krumenacker, taking care of things on that end. That is definitely his forte, and I am more than happy to delegate those tasks to him!


Luke has been incredibly helpful as well. He tries to help me type emails on my laptop if I am doing work while we are home. He also ensures that I save everything I am doing three times as he likes to turn the computer off while I am in the process of typing up documents. He also loves to talk really loudly and practice his words if I am ever on a phone talking to a client while he is around. In all seriousness though, he is so much fun to have around and not a day goes by where he does not make us laugh.

We have settled into a nice little routine now. I drop Luke at school in the mornings around 8:45, and am at my desk working by 9:15. Rich picks him up by 4:30 and they are home by 5:00 at the latest. The evenings go by so fast in the summertime. After dinner, we go outside and play. Usually Luke either throws around this huge red ball or rides his tricycle around the neighborhood. We got him this lawnmower for outside, but so far, he has only decided to mow our hardwood floors. Our neighbors, Karen and Tim are usually outside with their little boy Colin, so we hang out with them until we come inside to watch some Curious George before bath/bedtime.

I cannot believe he is growing up so fast now! He actually says words and asks for things by name like milk, snack, or ball. He also picks up the keys and says car. He also says a multitude of other random words such as gone, up, down, row, wag. Rich says that it is time that we get him a haircut. I think we should wait...I love those curls! However, the front is getting a bit unruly. What do you guys think? Cut or no cut?





1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting your own business and Hats off for your patience
    Padma

    ReplyDelete