


Hello! We are both new to the blogging thing so bear with us. We thought it would be a good thing to start since we are expecting our first child in about 4 weeks (due date February 8th). Soon we were going to have too many pictures, not enough time and no place to post them unless we started the blog now.
I only have two weeks left of work before maternity leave. Rich is going to be taking every day of the 2 weeks paternity leave that he gets with the County. As for me, I feel like I am getting bigger and bigger by the second and am not enjoying the swollen feet, hands and face. In fact, the attendant at the parking garage where I work told me that I had chipmunk cheeks. I am still in shock, I won't lie. Regardless, there will be no 3rd trimester pictures of me until well after Luke is born.
Rich is doing well and enjoying the 34 bowl games - including random ones like the Gaylord Music City Bowl, Pacific bowl etc. The rest of the year is going to be roses for Rich because on January 1st 2009, a monumental event occurred - Virginia Tech won the Orange Bowl against Cincinnati. He wanted me to let everyone know that it was their first major win since 1995 when they beat Texas in the Sugar Bowl.
He also decided that he was going to play soccer in a co-ed league in the dead of winter. Unfortunately, the season did not start well for Rich and it ended much sooner than he would have liked. During the second game of the season, someone landed an elbow to his head which caused 7 hours in the emergency room, bruises and 12 stitches. Luckily, all injuries were external and he is making a nice recovery.
Our Christmas and New Year went well. We got my parents the Wii for Christmas. I must say I was skeptical at first, but it has been a lot of fun. I would say that by far, the family favorite has been tennis. That game makes me sweat! I thought it was just because I was pregnant but my mom and friend Jessica also said the same thing so I don't feel so bad. On New Year's we went to my parents house with Sam and Jessica and played for probably about 6 hours straight. Jess brought over dancing with the stars which is not so much dancing as it is hand movements. The rest of us went to bed around 2am while Rich and Sam played until about 6am before going to bed. Needless to say, both were feeling it the next day.
This weekend is Rich's 31st birthday. We will have more on this after this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment