Luke is 10 weeks already! I cant believe how fast time flies. He had his two month check up about two weeks ago. He now weighs over 9 lbs and is over 22 inches long. He is growing hair at a rapid pace, and his doctor says that it looks like his eyes are going to be blue. She said that they would have started changing to brown by now if they were going to change. We were suprised since Rich does not have blue eyes and I defnitely do not have blue eyes! I guess there is European blood on my side someplace that makes me carry the recessive gene. I am sure this is only the first of many surprises to come.
He is very interactive now. He recognizes Rich and I and laughs and smiles at the most random things. His latest obsession is this plastic parrot that is on his rainforest bouncer. He can sit there for a very long time staring at this parrot which is great when we want a few minutes to get some stuff done. He also staying awake for longer periods of time now. He barely naps during the day because he feels like he is going to miss something. I have to take him into his dark nursery and rock him to sleep for a nap and fights it every minute. He is doing pretty good at night. He sleeps for about 4 hour streches getting up once at night to feed for about 40 minutes. Everyone says that it gets better when they reach 3 or 4 months so we are waiting for the long stretch of sleep.
He is going through a growth spurt currently and is eating every 30 minutes or so. Since he also has his shots now, we take him everywhere! He has been to an Indian restaurant with Sam and Jessica, a crepe place for Sunday brunch, and a Greek restaurant with his grandparents. As long as he is fed, he is happy and falls asleep. We are very lucky that he is a great baby and can take him everywhere.
As for Rich and I, we have started working out together with a trainer twice a week. He is awesome because he really kicks our butts. We are sore for days after which is great since I am trying to lose the baby weight. We have also made some plans for a few vacations this summer including one to the Smoky mountains in Tennessee for a wedding, Charlottesville for another wedding and to Hiltion Head after Labor day weekend. I am looking forward to all of this.
We are also going to start working on our backyard/patio very soon so we can enjoy it during the summer. Cant wait till the weather gets warmer!
No comments:
Post a Comment