The transition has been harder for me than for Luke I think. He puts on a big production every time I drop him off or pick him up but from what Ms. Loan (his teacher) tells me, he does fine when we are not there. There are only 6 other kids in his class and three teachers. Rich and I are both pleased with the place. He does not have to be there for long...since I am work for myself now, I have the flexibility of dropping him off at 9a and Rich picks him up at 4. The only downside to sending him to school is that he gets sick more often now. He is constantly picking up something or another from the other kids and passes it on to us. The poor thing has had two ear infections already. All my friends tell me that this is par for the course, and that things will get better.

Luke and his Tata
Luke and his Tata
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We celebrated with Ajji and Tata, Uncle Seena and Aunt Uma, and Godparents Swetha and Jeff. Luke did not like the Turkey at all....he seemed more interested in the side dishes like the cranberry sauce. For Thanksgiving, his Tata got him a Lion. I know it is not customary to get gifts for Thanksgiving, but Tata does not need an occasion to present Luke with a gift. He loves his Lion....he holds onto it and walks everywhere.
We also got together for brunch with my friends from high school, Mullen, Kimmy and David. Kimmy was nice enough to host last minute since Luke was sick and I did not want to pass along his germs to Kim's son Sawyer or David's new baby girl Sophie. Plus, Kim is pregnant so last thing we needed was a sick pregnant woman who cannot take medicine. Despite the change of plans, we had a great time also due to the Bellinis that Mullen was nice enough to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment