Rich was nice enough to watch Luke for an entire weekend (Saturday and Sunday) while I spent some quality time with my best friends from high school, Mullen and Kimmy. We met in Front Royal at my parent's vacation house, and pretty much just drank wine the entire weekend. We never drank in high school or even in college really, so I guess we are making up for lost time? We were going to go rafting but they actually refused to rent us a boat because the water levels were too high - too much liability for them they said. We hung out in downtown Front Royal for about 8 hours.
That is an amazing feat as there is not much in downtown Front Royal - it is not like hanging out 8 hours in DC. The best part of the evening was definitely dinner. There is this wine bar there called Vino Fromaggio. They do not have a set menu or anything. The chef and owner pretty much tells you what you are going to eat and drink - he gets all the ingredients fresh and local so whatever he gets in for the day, we eat and when he runs out of food, we stops serving dinner. He is awesome too. Talks up a storm and he introduced us to the best wine ever - Zweigelt which is a blend. There is a story behind his wine that he explained but we have no idea what he said.
Regardless, I am mad that I did not take any pics. Kimmy took all the pics that day so I am hoping she will post them sometime! It was a perfect weekend, and we will definitely be doing that more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment