Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Halloween 2012 - "I'm your Father!"

 I thought I had a few more years before it started - we have been getting the I'm your father jokes for a few years now, but I didn't think he would want to be Darth Vader for Halloween at least till he was in Kindergarten. I am not really sure how he really knew who  Darth Vader was, much less want to dress like him for Halloween, but I blame Rich. I will tell you, he was the only 3 year old Vader. Plus, the costume was super easy to put together. I made the shirt, that he still uses to play dress up, and got him a mask and cape. Not much too it thankfully. The hard part was to make sure that he didn't whack anyone with that light sabre of his.
Elina thankfully did not care what she wanted to be this year. I was happy that she sat still long enough for me to put some face paint on her. Plus, she did not wipe it off on the couch like Luke did his after insisting that I paint his face like Spiderman. I wasn't too upset, because Rich finally relented and we bought a new couch because of the red paint that smeared all over our brown suede couch.

We were fortunate enough to have Luke, the Scarecrow, join us this year for Halloween. I think you can guess who named him. We were also lucky enough to be invited to Jessica and Sam's kid friendly Halloween party complete with tractor rides and Jessica in a sexy Dora costume.

She did not mean for the costume to be sexy, it just ended up being that way! Rich decided to emulate his idol Christian Bale and be Batman. He forgave Christian for being British. For some reason, he was upset at Christian for being British - maybe like when people were mad when the Gone with the Wind Producers cast Vivien Leigh to play Scarlet O Hara because she was British?

 




This house in Jessica and Sam's backyard became Elina's favorite. She was walking all over the place, so she was able to claim  it as her own quite quickly. To this day, she loves that house every time we go to their place. She has no problem fighting anyone who comes near that place.
 
The Rays joined the Halloween party as well.  Loved the costumes! And we thought dinosaurs were extinct


No comments:

Post a Comment