Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The 2012 Festival of Lights

Our Diwali celebrations have lost a few friends but gained a few as well! Neha and family are now in Portland Oregon, so it is hard for them to join our festivities as you can imagine. On the other hand, we have now converted the Rays over to the "dark" side just like we did the Statz's- hope people get that joke.

We have also added quite a few little people to the celebration! Cousin Sean was not even born for last year and now he is almost a year old. Avery was just born last year, so they were not at the celebration, but this year she was holding her own at the toy bin.

Little Anna Statz looked like a little lady all dressed up in her little Indian outfit. I must tell you, I best part of Diwali was dressing up Elina in her Lengha  - not just because it was so much fun for me, but because I got to see how much she enjoyed it as well!

IThe little girl loved her bangles, the skirts, everything. I was surprised at the ease at which she wore everything. She was not uncomfortable at all like I expected her to be.

Rich thinks it is funny that I used a Diwali picture of the 4 of us to send out to people for Christmas - I think it shows the perfect blend of our family!




No comments:

Post a Comment