
It was too bad that Luke wasn't there because I wan
ted him to meet my favorite AI ever - David Cook! That's right, David Cook was there and ran in the race. I got to see him after the race, but that was nothing compared to our friend Jessica - David Cook touched her on the small of her back! I was very happy for her.
This past weekend, we took Luke on his first vacation. We went to Wintergreen for our friends Courtney and Jamin's wedding. He had a great time at Wintergreen but the car ride there and back was torture for all of us. Being new parents, we made the mistake of driving there during the time of day when he is totally awake and wanted to play. As such, despite my numerous attempts to distract with toys and songs, there was screaming and crying because he wanted to be out of the car seat. It took us 4 hours to make what should be a 2 hour journey.
Regardless, the wedding was beautiful and so much fun. I saw a lot of people from JMU and it was nice to catch up with people whom I have not seen for 10 years or so. The groom is training for a triathlon and biked up wintergreen mountain the day before the wedding. It was hard enough to do that in a car, I can't believe he did it on a bike. Luckily the weather turned out to be beautiful on Saturday evening in time for the wedding. The ceremony was outside overlooking the mountains. A harpist provided the music which I thought was such a good idea. Courtney looked lovely and Jamin very dapper.
Regardless, the wedding was beautiful and so much fun. I saw a lot of people from JMU and it was nice to catch up with people whom I have not seen for 10 years or so. The groom is training for a triathlon and biked up wintergreen mountain the day before the wedding. It was hard enough to do that in a car, I can't believe he did it on a bike. Luckily the weather turned out to be beautiful on Saturday evening in time for the wedding. The ceremony was outside overlooking the mountains. A harpist provided the music which I thought was such a good idea. Courtney looked lovely and Jamin very dapper.
Sunday was my first mother's day. Rich and Luke surprised me with certificate from Elizabeth Arden for a half day at the spa. We also stopped off at Charlottesville and went to a champagne brunch. Luke slept the entire time of course so that he could be wide awake during the ride back. Now I just have to think of something to do that would top this for father's day.
That's a great pic of Luke!
ReplyDeleteLuke looks very cute, as uusual. Luke's parents look very nice too.
ReplyDelete