Thursday, October 22, 2009

If you want to party, come celebrate Diwali

Luke has been to quite a few celebrations recently. I will get to Diwali in a second, but first it was his girlfriend Layla's birthday party at JW tumbles. Layla just recently turned 1! I cannot believe how fast time flies. She threw a monkey themed party at JW tumbles which is this kiddie gym place. They had this huge cage type thing full of padded mats, tunnels etc. Luke loved it as he got to be like a real monkey and not have his parents nag him about silly things like not falling down and hitting his head on the hardwood floor.


The day after the celebration, we celebrated Diwali at my parents house. For those of you not familiar, Diwali, the festival of lights, is a really big celebration of Indians. It is supposed to represent spiritual awareness or coming out of the darkness and acheiving inner light. I looked it up so I could tell Luke about the spiritual meaning of the holiday as well. Luke was all dressed up in his Kurtha which was sent to him from India by his Aunt Divya. He looked very dashing. Rich also donned his Kurtha and got in the spirit of Diwali. Layla and her parents Neha and Aaron were there as well along with our friend Jessica, cousin Swetha, Aunt Uma, and Uncle Seena.


Layla was running around the house, and I think Luke realized that they would grow apart and their relationship would suffer unless he could keep up. I swear, we took him home that night and he pulled himself up on the furniture and started cruising...just like that, no warning or anything. No he is unstoppable, he crawls over to his furniture of choice (usually the TV stand) and then pulls himself up and the worst part is that he has no fear because he just lets go! Life is definitely changing for Rich and me.

.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice picture of the three of you. Also glad that L got to meet his great-great-aunt. Have fun with the Fall colours.

    ReplyDelete