Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mom's Birthday and Father's Day!

I recently celebrated the big 31. Rich organized a dinner for me at Guapos Mexican Restaurant - one of my favorites. We decide to make it an adult only night since Guapos tends to bring out the tequila in all of us. Luke got to stay home with Ajji and Tata and had a nice of night of being spoiled rotten. We started off the night with some yummy chilled Petron shots, and then progressed to "Melt downs" - for those of you not familiar with those, it is pretty much a frozen margarita with an extra shot of tequila that you pour on the top.


The Boys with their meltdowns and a few other assorted beverages

As if we really needed that extra shot on top. When you go to Guapos on your birthday, it is also pretty much a rule that you have to wear a big sombrero and get embarrassed by the wait staff. I guess it would have been embarassing if we had drank less tequila than we had.

I wanted to thank Sam, Jessica, Christie, Jonathan, Jen, Tim, and Megan for coming. Those of you who couldnt come, we celebrated with you in spirit.

Rich recently celebrated his first father's day! Luke got him a really cute card and some nice patio furniture for father's day. That baby has some nice style already. We had a full weekend of celebration. One night, we celebrated with my parents, my aunt and uncle, Uma and Seena, and my cousin Swetha and her husband Jeff who are also Luke's godparents. We went to Peking Gourmet Inn, one of the best Chinese restaurants around. I highly reccommend it. I would also highly reccommend reservations as it the place gets packed. Definitely try the Schezuan beef and the Moo shu pork. Now I am craving Chinese food again. On Sunday, we had Rich's family over for a cookout. Rich and Luke wore matching Hokie gear in honor of father's day.

Luke has also been exploring the world with his new exersaucer. It is awesome. He gets so excited to be standing on his own. He is also starting to sit on his own for short periods of time. When he realizes that he is sitting on his own, he gets all excited and falls over. I am sure he will get better as time goes on.










No comments:

Post a Comment