Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Breech Baby!

So, they tell me that our little girl is a breech baby at 36 weeks. What does this mean, you say. Well, it means that I cannot have a natural delivery but rather they either have to manually try to turn her in a procedure called ECV and hope that she cooperates or do a C section. Rich and I have deliberated this long and hard and we decided to do the turn. I really do not want to do a C section and would prefer a natural birth so we figured might as well give it a shot. If she turns, then the are going to schedule an induction at 39 weeks so she does not flip back and if she does not turn, then they are going to schedule a C section at 39 weeks, so either way, I am having this baby at 39 weeks which is in fact only two weeks away now. CRAZY!!!

I am more worried that poor Luke is going to have a hard time adjusting! That is the week that he starts at a new school and then surprise, he comes home and there is a new baby sister! I feel like a bad mother putting this all on him at once. I really wanted to keep him at the old school because all his friends would be at his new class, but Rich had a good point that they are switching buildings and teacher anyway, so he wont know the differnece between that school and the new one. Plus, he was right in that we cannot keep him with the same 9 kids for the rest of his life. We will see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment