Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Welcome to the World, Elina!


Me with Elina


Our new family of four!



Our little baby girl - Elina Maria Krumenacker



I am so far behing in updating this blog, that we added a new addition to our family - a little girl almost 4 months old already. We named her Elina Maria Krumenacker. Elina has several meanings in different languages. In Greek or Finish it means Torch or Bright light. In Hindi it supposedly means intelligent or intelligence. Either way, I am happy with the meanings.

She was scheduled for a C section on September 8th, but true to form, my water broke the day before and she was born on Sept 7th at 1:07a weighing in at 7lbs and 20 inches long. That day also happens to be my parents' wedding anniversary, so it is a good day overall! It was amazing how good my doctor was...within an hour, she was out and I was in recovery. I was already dialated 7cm when we drove to the hospital so they rushed me into the OR right away as she was breech and they did not want her to be delivered the natural way.

Rich was such an amazing support for me through the whole thing. He took care of Luke while I was in the hospital for the next two days. The bed at the hospital was so bad, so it was a good thing he was able to come home to get some rest in our bed!

Luke is adjusting quite well to being a big brother. He does love her and the interaction between the two is amazing. He is rather rough sometime which is to be expected from a very active almost 3 year old. She is definitely going to have to learn to defend herself as she gets older.

She is already getting the concept of fighting for what is hers. He tried to take away some toy that played music that she was watching and she let out a scream that showed that she was so offended that this injustice was taking place. On the whole, he is a great big brother, and I look forward to seeing them grow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment